“We go together like peanut butter & jelly”… or rather, peanut butter & Triple Berry Camu Jam!:)
Here at AMARUMAYU, we LOVE finding new and exciting ways to include our beneficial superfruit juices in a wide variety of recipes that are both easy & healthy options for you and your family! With that being said, we just had to tackle a classic favorite of both kids and adults alike – a PB&J!
We’d like to think of this post as a two-for-one deal or a “recipe within a recipe!” Use this Jam as a mix-in for yogurt, a topping for oatmeal or smoothie bowls, as an alternative to syrup on pancakes and waffles OR make our delicious Peanut Butter, Banana & Camu Jam Sandwich that we’ve written about in our “recipe notes” section below!
Perfect Peanut Butter Pairings:
Every jelly needs the complement of a great peanut butter, right?! Here’s our 2 cents when it comes to picking out the perfect peanut butter.
Keep it SIMPLE.
The less ingredients the better. When picking out peanut butter, we like to skip the sugar, preservatives and other added ingredients and reach for the brands that give us the good stuff only such as 100% peanuts or peanuts & salt. That’s it!
Say NO to Palm oil.
Many peanut butter brands contain palm oil, a widely used vegetable oil in the food industry (and even in the personal care industry!) What’s the problem with palm oil? We think that the World Wildlife Foundation explains it best here.
“Palm oil has been and continues to be a major driver of deforestation of some of the world’s most biodiverse forests, destroying the habitat of already endangered species like the Orangutan, pygmy elephant and Sumatran rhino. This forest loss coupled with conversion of carbon rich peat soils are throwing out millions of tonnes of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and contributing to climate change. There also remains some exploitation of workers and child labour.”
Need suggestions? Here are our top picks for our favorite peanut butter brands!
- Smucker’s Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- Woodstock Organic Peanut Butter
- Once Again Peanut Butter
- Santa Cruz Organic Peanut Butter
- Teddie All Natural Peanut Butter
Need to stock up on some AMARUMAYU Camu Camu Superfruit Juice? Get some here!
- Medium Saucepan
- Potato Masher or Wooden Spoon
- Jar with air-tight seal
- Measuring cups & spoons
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 ounces AMARUMAYU Camu Camu Superfruit Juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Place a saucepan over medium-high heat and add the raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
- After the saucepan has begun to heat the berries, add the AMARUMAYU Camu Camu Superfruit Juice.
- With a potato masher or wooden spoon, begin to mash the berries down until the mixture is mostly smooth with only small chunks of berries left.
- Leave the pot bubbling on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for roughly 5-7 minutes to allow the mixture to reduce and thicken.
- Add the chia seeds and maple syrup to the jam, stir together, and allow the mixture to reduce for another 2-3 minutes. Then, remove from heat and allow the jam to cool in the pot.
- Transfer the jam into a mason jar or reuse an old jam jar that has an air-tight lid!
- Enjoy this Triple Berry Camu Jam as a topping for oatmeal bowls, smoothie bowls, mix into yogurt or enjoy as a peanut butter, banana and camu jam sandwich like we did!